Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rocking Prayers

My Dearest Noell,

My most favorite, most reflective, most cherished time of day is every night after I nurse you and rock you to sleep.  This is the time when I can look at your cute, precious face and admire you while you sleep.  I enjoy this moment each night because I can watch you in peace, say our prayers, and take in all the amazing things that you have done each day.

Each night I say the prayer that I said as a child and that we will say together when you learn to speak and hopefully the one you will teach your children some day as you rock them to sleep.

 "Now I lay me down to sleep,
   I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
  Angels watch me through the night,
  And keep me safe till morning light.
  Amen.

  God bless Mommy, Daddy, Noell, Katie and the house,

  Grandmas and Grandpas,
  Aunts and Uncles,
  Cousins and friends,
  And God bless you, Jesus,
  Amen."

Then, after I say that prayer, I say a little prayer for you...

I pray for God to protect and guide you
I pray for your health and safety
I pray that you are happy
I pray that you love yourself and that you know how beautiful you are inside and out
I pray that you find friends that you can laugh with, be silly with, and have each other's backs
I pray that you are successful
I pray that you find true love and a person that treats you the way you deserve
I pray that you follow your dreams
I pray that I can help guide you in decisions and in life
I pray that I can be that person that you want to come to for anything
I pray that you will one day think of me not only as your mom but as well as your best friend
I pray that you find peace and happiness in every day
I pray that I can be the positive role model you need in your life
I pray that you find trust and faith in God to help guide you through life
I pray that when I am not with you, God is

I pray all of these things for you.

Noell, you are growing so fast.  I look at your newborn through six months pictures often because my heart is just full of all the wonderful things that you do each day, especially all of the joy you have brought to my life.  I remember when I went back to work when you were two months old and savoring those precious rocking moments and trying to take it all in then.  And now here we are almost five months later...

If I don't tell you enough, please keep this letter and read it when you need...I love you.  You are beautiful.  Thank you for being my amazing daughter.  And just remember...I'll love you forever.  I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

Love always,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment