Saturday, September 15, 2012

Weeks 27 & 28

Wow.  The past few weeks have just been something else.  I started work with the Whitehall School District, and not only is it difficult to get back into the routine of school, but there are extra nerves and pressures when starting at a new school.  I absolutely love working with my little 4-Kers...they are so much fun and have so much energy, and on the other hand, I am enjoying my quiet afternoons as a title teacher with Kindergarten (I work with one to two children at a time right now).  I am very tired by the end of the day!  I also started coaching 8th grade volleyball once school started last week and I am so PROUD that my girls won their first game this past Thursday.  Not am I only proud that they won, but they worked hard at accomplishing our goals:  run a 4-2 offense (after only 4 practices), set up the ball (a total of 23 times in the three games), played as a team, and cheered each other on!  What more could a coach ask for???

We have also been working super hard on our house!  Painting was done by Mark Johnson of Whitehall, and he did an AMAZING job!  Also between my Dad, Mom, Grandpa Roger, Grandma Carol, and Uncle Randall, we would never be moving into our house over the next few days.  I will post pictures later so you can see all the remodeling that has happened.  We plan on getting a lot done today such as putting in the laminate wood flooring in the kitchen, dining room, and front entry way; putting in our counter tops and dishwasher, and other small things.  A lot of Mike's cousins and friends are coming down today along with my grandpa to help us out...THANK YOU!  The carpet and rest of appliances will be installed Sunday and Monday and hopefully we will be starting to move in on Wednesday....and then all of you can see it on Saturday for the shower/diaper party!!

On a more sad note, we found out early last Sunday morning that my aunt and uncle had been in a bad car accident with some good friends of theirs.  They are both making much progress because of the hospital staff, their family by their sides, and because all of your prayers, thoughts, and well wishes.  I have always know that our family has such a strong bond, but it really shows through when there is a definite time of need.  It has been great to be by their side the couple times each that I have been able to be.  Please continue to pray for them as well as their good friends as they all still have a long road of recovery ahead of them. 

As for the baby.  He/she continues to grow.  Baby G is between 2-2 1/2 pounds this week and about 15in long!  He or she will just continue to pack on the lbs until it is strong for its grand appearance.  The baby is also now able to open and shut his/her eyes.  Our little peanut is sleeping and waking on a regular schedule although the baby only sleeps for about 20-30min at a time.  I definitely don't feel the tickle as the baby moves, it is more of a pressure feeling.  I just love when it is non-stop moving.  It always puts a smile on my face :)  I actually felt a little rhythm in my lower abdomen the other day, so I am guessing that Baby G had the hiccups for a minute or so.  I am officially into my third trimester which is hard to believe that I am already this far along.  I am starting to feel a little more aggravation on my back, especially when I do a lot during the day....good thing my husband is amazing and gives me back rubs when I request them.

I have my next appointment on Wednesday where they test for how your body/pancreas handles the sugars in the body (gestational diabetes).  I pray that my body is handling it the correct way and that I am staying right on track health wise for Baby G and myself.

We started our Hypnobabies home study a couple weeks ago.  It is going well.  I am very excited for my birthing time and to put to use everything I am learning and working on each night :)


Here is my 27 week photo taken on Thursday, September 6...






Here is my 28 week photo....


Yesterday while on the way up to St. Paul to visit my aunt in the hospital, I had looked down at my feet and thought they looked a little swollen, but then I was like no they are just fine.  After sitting in the hospital room for a couple hours, my Grandma Carol says, "Wow, are your feet that swollen?"  I looked at them and they had really puffed up....so I replied, "I guess so."  I didn't have my little 4-Kers yesterday as they only come Monday-Thursday...so not sure why they decided to swell up.  Beyond me.



 BABY G is already a BIG GREEN BAY PACKER FAN!!!!




As the time to my shower gets closer, and I finding myself getting more excited about finding out what Baby G is.  I cannot believe it is only one week away!  I actually had a dream a couple nights ago that Baby G is a girl.  I told my cousin Danielle that and she well yea, what else are you going to have?  lol.  Our family has all girls, so it is hard to imagine one of us actually having a boy (besides my parents who had Chad).  

I am so very lucky to have such great friends and family that I can celebrate this little bundle of joy with :)  God Bless you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment