Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day, AN 18 MONTH OLD, and G2!!!

What a beautiful weekend for Memorial Day!  We honestly could not have asked for better weather...what a blessing!  It was a wonderful weekend around the Giedd household!  We got A LOT of yard work done...digging up old flower beds to plant grass, got our garden planted, mowed the lawn, weed-wacked, cleaned up some landscaping in the front of the house...it is finally starting to look nice!  Next up....our back deck!!!


Our new Cub Cadet zero turn lawn mower!  Works wonderfully and Mike enjoys using it :)
Front Steps!

Cleaned out rock bed and dug up flower bed to plant grass!

Garden is planted!

Our beautiful tree has bloomed!

So Pretty!


Guess What!!!  WE HAVE AN 18 MONTH OLD!  I don't know where the time is going, but it is flying!  It is funny, because I haven't paid as close attention to the months now that we are past the first year, so it seems like this 18th month of Noell's life snuck up on me!  We got her pictures taken by Kaylyn Halama during her apple orchard sessions, so we are looking forward to seeing those!  Here are some updates over the past two weeks of our growing gal :)







Updates for Noell over the past couple of weeks....

New Words:  car, tractor, star.

Noell's newest discovery:  WHAT WE USE TO HEAR!!! We were sitting with Noell and Mike had his ear phones plugged into his cell phone and had something on, so the noise was coming through the ear pieces.  Noell would hold the ear piece up to her ear, take it away and look at it, then put it back up to her ear!  She did this for a while, and then she held them up to momma and dada's ears....even Katie's ears!  It was fun to watch her make that discovery :)

Favorite Toys:  Slides!  Noell loves slides...big or small, feet first or head first...she loves them and has no fear!




Next: G2 Update-- 17 & 18 Weeks

Growing Baby:  Size of a bell pepper!  He or she is about 5 1/2 inches long and about 7 ounces.  The blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and ears are now in their final position. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the baby's nerves.

Memorable Moments: In my last post, I had stated that I had felt the baby move a couple times...well at the end of this past week I was getting a little nervous as I still had only felt the baby move here and there...not very much (I know its normal...).  So I went back to my previous posts to see when Noell moved and I felt her move for the first time at 18 weeks and Mike felt her at 20 weeks...so I was just getting myself all worked up that something was wrong.  Well, the baby must have sense that because like clock work, he or she is moving quite a bit as I put Noell to bed and rest my body for the day and today it has been moving like crazy!  Keep it up little one...Momma likes it :)

We also had our 16 week appointment last Friday (May 16).  It took a while for my midwife to find the heartbeat which was a little scary since we heard it immediately at 12 weeks.  We could hear it faintly in a couple spots and then finally on the left side of my stomach we heard it beating clear and strong!  Of course we were both relieved that I never asked and she never told me the bmp.

Cravings:  Nothing really...whatever sounds good :)

Missing Anything:  I could have really went for a cold beer by the campfire tonight...but I think I enjoyed the movement in my belly a little more!!!

Changes:  More movement...finally :)

Looking Forward To:  We have the ultrasound set for Thursday, June 12!!!  I can't wait to finally see G2!!!  I thought of the the MOST AMAZING gender reveal that I have never, ever seen before....I'm almost wanting to find out the gender just to do the reveal...but I really don't want to know what G2 to is until delivery....ah, decisions ;)

Below are pictures for 17 & 18 weeks...I just noticed that I have been wearing a lot of blue for the pictures...coincidence???



No comments:

Post a Comment